About the Kilusang Mayo Uno
* General Orientation
KMU is an independent labor center promoting genuine, militant and patriotic trade unionism. It is genuine because it recognizes the struggle between labor and capital and upholds the legitimate interest of the working class; militant because it relies on the workers collective struggle in defending trade union and democratic rights; and patriotic because it seeks to end imperialist domination and control over the Philippines. In particular, the KMU aims to:
* Protect and promote the workerss right to employment, a decent wage, humane working conditions and their right to form unions, bargain collectively and to strike;
* Defend the workers movement from yellow unionism and its reformist economist and collaborationist tendencies;
* Heighten the political consciousness of the workers through massive education, step-by-step solid organizing and mobilizations in and out of the workplace;
* Ensure the workers' participation in the national democratic struggle against imperialism, feudalism and bureaucrat capitalism;
* Intensify and strengthen international solidarity with workers and the peoples of the world.