Dip in ratings shows growing discontent over Aquino govt
- Noynoy’s rating dip shows discontent over anti-people policies – KMU
- Dip in Aquino’s ratings due to failure to ease hunger, poverty – KMU
- Aggressive PR won’t reverse dissatisfaction with Noynoy
- [Drop in Aquino ratings show] People not feeling change, growth – KMU
- Dip in Aquino rating due to Noynoying on people’s demands
This was the reaction of labor center Kilusang Mayo Uno to recent surveys showing that the public’s satisfaction with President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III dropped anew.
“With the ever-growing hunger and poverty in the country and Aquino’s hard-headed refusal hike wages by a significant amount and junk contractual employment, discontent among the people is expected to grow,” Elmer Labog, KMU chairperson, said.
According to the latest Social Weather Stations (SWS) survey, Aquino’s satisfaction rating took a 7 per cent dip from 49 per cent in March to 42 per cent in May – Aquino’s lowest satisfaction rating since he took office.
“This survey only shows that more and more Filipino workers and people are becoming more vocal in saying that there has been no significant change under this administration. Aquino is just another servant of the US and is the chief representative of capitalists and landlords and of his Kamag-anak, Inc.,” Labog said.
KMU also said that the downtrend in Aquino’s satisfaction ratings is an indication of the public’s growing disgust over Aquino’s anti-people policies.
“Aquino’s ratings are sure to plummet faster as long as workers are denied of a significant wage hike, as long the Hacienda Luisita remains in the hands of the Cojuangco-Aquinos, and as long as hunger and poverty remains unaddressed,” Labog said.
“The impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona, which occurred during the period that the survey was taken, failed to distract the public from issues which the Aquino government wants papered off,” he added.
The militant labor center said that the discontent over the president will most likely be transformed into a broad movement against Aquino’s puppet and anti-people administration.
“The growing discontent over Aquino will surely be transformed into a broad anti-Aquino movement. The Aquino administration can expect a mammoth protest in his third State of the Nation Address,” Labog ended.
- The prosecution panel were
19 min 25 sec ago
- It is very obvious that the
19 min 59 sec ago
- I agree of this. Kudos to all
2 hours 27 min ago
- It is good to know that we
2 hours 29 min ago
- Though it seems like they
2 hours 32 min ago
- A proper strategy that will
2 hours 36 min ago
- I agree with this article.
2 hours 40 min ago
- However, it was clear enough
2 hours 42 min ago
- KMU is really working their
6 hours 11 min ago
- I just hope that the
6 hours 12 min ago