Workers hail SC decision on Luisita
- Workers hope for pro-farmer SC ruling on Luisita
- Workers to SC: Release pro-farmer decision on Luisita!
- [Two months after] DAR told: Implement SC decision on Luisita
- Junk the Cojuangco-Aquino motion for reconsideration! Free and unconditional distribution of lands to Hacienda Luisita farmers – now!
- Workers to SC: pro-farmers decision on HLI now!
We welcome the Supreme Court decision on Hacienda Luisita. It is a victory of the farmers of Luisita who have persevered in the struggle for land reform for decades. It is a victory for the Filipino workers and people who have consistently supported the Luisita farmers in their struggle.
We maintain, however, that the distribution of Luisita’s lands to the farmers should be for free. The Aquino-Cojuangcos have raked in so much wealth from the farmers of Luisita that they must not be compensated with the people’s money. They should in fact be punished for failing to subject Luisita to land reform contrary to the conditions of the debt that enabled them to buy the hacienda.
The Aquino government should immediately implement the Supreme Court decision. It is more likely, however, that this government will delay, block or sabotage the implementation of the Supreme Court’s ruling.
We call on the farmers of Luisita and the Filipino people to remain vigilant with regard to how the Aquino government will implement the decision. We will keep watch on this issue until the last parcel of land is distributed free to farmers and until agrarian justice is achieved throughout the country.
- Yep, completely false prepper
32 min 35 sec ago
- Are there updated stats?
33 min 55 sec ago
- Nurses should have been
52 min 53 sec ago
- The janitors should not be
53 min 11 sec ago
- The women should be treated
1 hour 33 min ago
- Herrera law was supposed to
1 hour 34 min ago
- PUP will feel the brunt of
21 hours 21 min ago
- Of course the investors
21 hours 21 min ago
- The prosecution panel were
22 hours 34 min ago
- It is very obvious that the
22 hours 35 min ago